Skyline Friends of the ArtS
Skyline Friends of the Arts (SFA) is the booster organization for families of Skyline performing arts students. SFA’s purpose is to provide financial and volunteer support to the directors, students and families involved in the Skyline performing and visual arts programs, including:
- Equipment purchases and repairs, travel expenses, guest clinicians to work with Skyline students, and/or the creation of original music compositions
- Scholarships/financial assistance for field trips, special events, and the annual summer music camp at Interlochen in August.
- Annual awards for students
- Support for the Jazzistry program presented to the 10th grade history classes at Skyline.
- In 2013-2014, the SFA raised the money to purchase grand pianos for the Skyline auditorium and choir classroom.
SFA Annual Fundraisers
- October: Music and a Meal
- November: Benefit Showcase
- TBD: Pop Can Collection
- May: Car Wash
All families with students participating in band, orchestra, choir, theatre, or visual/applied arts programs are members of SFA and are welcome and encouraged to attend monthly SFA meetings, held the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in Skyline Room B429 (Writing Center).
It is through the generous donations from families and friends of Skyline that SFA is able to support the Skyline performing arts staff in developing its internationally recognized performing arts program in just the few years since Skyline opened. SFA is a 501(c) (3) tax exempt public charity by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).